Friday, June 25, 2010

The BEAR

Is a bear! Did the bear complex this morning and boy was it harder than it looked. Maybe not, maybe it is just because I haven't picked up a barbell in over four weeks.  4 weeks! Can you believe it? I felt so weak as I did a few warmup up rounds with the bar. It felt heavy. Uh oh!

Since it felt heavy early and I realized I hadn't lifted in weeks I decided not to push it too hard and do something stupid and hurt myself.  My attempts looked like this:

5 Rounds, One round=7 sets of clean, front squat, push press, back squat, push press

Round 1: 45#
Round 2: 55#
Round 3: 60#
Round 4: 60#
Round 5: 60#

Wimpy? Yes. Hard? yep. I'll take it. I wanted to drop down in my last round, but I powered though.  I had no adreniline or competition or anything pushing me so it was done with a bit of rest too.  I would love to do with a partner or something and in top shape. 

All the fries and beer and desserts of late are wreaking their havoc, but after the 4th of July, hopefully life will return to normal and I can get on a schedule.  July and August will include lots of swimming and biking.  My triathlon is 10 weeks away!!! The Army 10 miler is just 4 months away---time to get SERIOUS again!

2 comments:

Jason B. said...

Better get to running kiddo! I am in the middle of the CF Endurance cert this weekend and am completely changing my running style. It'll give me plenty of time to get ready for the 10-Miler. 90 minutes, remember???

Angie said...

There is nothing wimpy about getting through The Bear! Good job!! It's one of my favorites.