Monday, December 20, 2010

Celtic Soltice 5-Miler and Back Squat PR

Friday I was back in the box and the WOD was so bad for me I can't even write about it. It was a DNF where I literally walked out, sat in the car and cried for a minute and went home. Damn pullups. I chalked it up to a week of being sick and not being ready to come back yet.

Saturday I ran an annual race, the Celtic Solstice 5-miler up in Baltimore, MD.  It's a beautiful race through Druid Hills Park--hilly, around a lake, always the weekend before Chrismas, so nice and chilly. They do have the coolest race schwag and post race wood--hot wine and italian shortbread cookies! Yum.  Ran a great race for having been sick--46:30.  Not as fast as my turkey trot, and far from my PR of this course at around 40min...yes, I once ran an entire race posting sub 8 min miles...oh to be speedy again! It was an enjoyable run and it reminded me how much I actually LIKE running and how much I miss training for races.  Post new year plans will include a weekly running group for sure.  Just after we get moved into that house!

Monday morning WOD was Back squats x2.  155# for 2! Woot! We had a 20 minute time limit and I'm convinced I could have probably sank 165 if I had time. It felt great to fell strong again.

WOD 2: 30 pullups, 30 dips.  Not for time, I just did 'em. Done. I did try a few unassisted dips on the rings and I've got about two in me.  They are feeling strong as well!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Erin, I'm sorry you've been sick. Getting back to the gym after being sick is always a tough call as to whether or not you're healthy enough. So, don't be too hard on yourself about that WOD you DNF'd. This too shall pass.

Congrats on the nice back squat - that is strong!!

Erin said...

back squat