Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Trot

So Thanksgiving day was the annual 5 mile turkey trot in Old Town Alexandria.  Met up with some of the girls before hand, but decided to just run my own race.  It was a cool crisp fall morning and had just finished raining.  The start line was packed!! It was a small race, about 3000 people, dogs, kids, stollers and the like.  I love this race because of how family friendly it is.  It's a day about family, friends, and giving thanks and that's exactly what the race is about too.

So 5 miles...not a lot of running has been happening lately, but I managed to keep a solid race pace and not push to the point where I was dying on the last mile.  Final time was 42: 50 something so given that my first mile was about 9 minutes, the last 4 were done at a solid 8:30 or less pace.  Pretty solid for not a whole lot of training.

The rest of the day was spent eating, stretching, eating, and enjoying the company of family and friends!

No comments: