Monday, March 14, 2011

Clean and Jerk

Wow, its been two weeks since I last blogged. Holy cow! Lots going on.  I had a pretty good two weeks, but some struggles as well. I injured myself doing heavy push jerks and am still dealing with the after effects.  A few things of note:

-Completed a J.T with HSPU's.  Modified of course, but did it. Used 45# plate and abmat.  (I have long arms so I am actually moving more than an inch or so. I swear) 21ish minutes
-Hit a 2X Max Back Squat @ 170#.  That was a 15# PR

Today:

WOD #1:
1 Clean and Jerk on the minute for 10 minutes.
95#

WOD #2:
Grace @85#: DNF.  I started and got 8 reps before I hurt my shoulder again.  I quit...just not worth it. Did a quick 30 GHD situps and 1mile run.

Tomorrow is going to be rough too--pullups and pushups.  I might go lower volume on the pullups and just go strict....we'll see how we feel.

Thank goodness for daylight savings. Cannot wait to get out in the new neighborhood for a run after work!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Being injured and trying to CrossFit is a frustrating experience. Go easy on the injury, modify and get healed up completely.