Monday, October 12, 2009

5 IN A ROW and zucchinisketti

WOD:
4 RFT
9 dips
9 pullups
9 squat cleans (60#)
400 run
Time: 30:14

Wicked, wicked workout. Saw the little birdies while collapsed on the floor afterwards. New success today--on the second round of this workout I got 5 PULLUPS IN A ROW! OMG! 5! Then I got 4 in a row! What? Only one drop from the bar for the round? NO WAY! The pullup WOD was significantly faster pulling 5 pullups in a row for rounds 2-4. I don't know where this came from, but it felt amazing. I still struggled with fluid kip, but that will come someday. 5 is just huge for me. I didn't push it on the squat cleans--the hamstring is still 'nagging' and I don't need to push it. I just tried to focus on form for each rep. Struggled with keeping elbows up at the bottom, but otherwise held it together. When you get it right, core tight, whipped elbows, smooth squat it feels good.

Veggie Report:
Cauliflower: I tried the mash last week but it did not come out very good at all-I don't own a food processor so I think it was just the wrong consistency.

Zucchinisketti: 2 zucchini, 1 jar organic marinara sauce, 1/4 package sliced mushrooms, package of ground beef.

Make some meatballs out of the beef and cook til done.
I took the zucchini and used the mandolin slicer and julienned them. I boiled a pot of water.
While all this was going on I threw the mushrooms in the micro and steamed, then added them to a bowl of pasta sauce and zapped the mix for another minute. When the water was at a rolling boil, I threw in the zucchini and cooked for about 1.5 minutes...basically until the water was boiling again. Threw in the strainer, ran cold water over it. Added the zucchini to the sauce and mushrooms and added 3 little meatballs. Sprinkled some parmesan cheese.
THIS WAS AWESOME! YUMMO! The zucchini had a slight veggie taste, but totally had the consistency of pasta. This will be a new staple as long as I can find good zucchinis! Plus, i have leftovers for dinner tomorrow--I will add a salad to it, and some leftover meatballs for little protien bombs.

Cooked for the week too---baked chicken this afternoon and made chix salad. Used the grind and chop for chix, apples, onion, and almonds. Added salt and pepper and a touch of lemon juice! Tasty. Boiled some eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast! I should be on track for the week!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Awesome job on the kips! You'll have to show me your secret as I am destined to continued strict/jumping pulls forever (as it seems).