Thursday, October 22, 2009

Snatch-New Benchmark

WOD:
1,1,1,1,1, Snatch
Load: 75# (1st true PR)

I cannot for the life of me find a 1x max snatch for myself. We did a strength-con back in July where I used a measly 35#. I'm quite sure I've never moved more than 50# because in my this is a move I "can't" do. Well, that is dumb...I CAN do it...it just took seven months to get the body to move properly. I finally felt dialed in today and the move was looking good. I wish I could've had video of this so I could critique myself, but Jerry said everything looked good. Trust the coach. The more weight I added, the tighter my lower back got and I began to loose the flexibility in my lumbar curve. I then just stopped at 75#--I just couldn't get under the bar. I go back for a check up on the back next week...we'll see what she says. I know I really just need my person (CHIP!) to hurry up and get home to stretch me out and put me back into place every
night. Yea for new PRs!

Extra was 20 quick reps on the new glut/ham developer. I'm confident my glutes and hams are more than developed...I'm hoping it will help shred the abs...

No comments: