Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's All About the Grip

WOD:
1x Deadlifts

As the story goes of late, my oly lifts have been missing from the rountine.  Couldn't even tell ya the last time I deadlifted heavy. November maybe? All I know my max is 227#.  Was pumped for this until I put some weight on the bar. Having a quarter sized chunk of skin missing on your palm kinda messes with that underhand grip I use on my left hand for deadlifts.  I had it all taped up, but it hurt like you know what.

Warmed up with a few reps at 45# and 65# just to get the posterior chain all warm.  Pulled 135#, then 155#.  My hand was screaming at this point. 185# hurt even worse.  I wanted to pull 200# just to say I still could....I pulled it all right and even put it back down properly.  The hand was now oozing...time to call it quits.  We'll try this again after the hand heals.  I could tell I just need to work the form again to make sure my body remembers what it is doing!

I have to say that one thing I really miss about home is being able to throw weights around. Lift them violently then throw them down.  I could really use some of that these days with all that pent up anger, depression, and sadness I have going on...

No comments: