Monday, May 31, 2010

Catching Up

I cannot believe how inconsistent I've been with my workouts the past week. The motivation has been lacking!

Thursday was a rest day, Friday was a brutal trail run. I did an hour with my friend Mindi's tri-club.  They were smokin' fast and I only was able to hang with them for about half the run, but, that said, I still had a fantastic run.  It was HARD.

The weekend was a wash, literally. It rained, and rained. Not conducive to biking or being outside which is what I'm craving.

So, a new week, a time to revamp and get back to it, right? Nope. Parents arrive from Chicago today.  I was supposed to be off early to pick them up, so I rolled out of bed early and hit the trails for a quick run, throw in some "box jumps" on the benches out there and finished with 3 rounds of 10 ring dips, and 15 KB swings.  Then, I come in and check email...flight delayed until the afternoon! Grr...I could've gone to the gym for a lift...

The next four weeks include tons of travel so posts and workouts are going to be sporadic.  I'm going to try to work on the diet....not sure how well that will go in italy.  It will be like gelatto for lunch and dinner? Or just dinner? One scoop or two.  One glass of wine or three?? Haha.  Regardless, I'm going to try to control the pasta, bread, and ice cream intake for the week we're in Italy.  All chains come off for Belgium though, french fries and waffles here I come! :)

On the flipside, the good news is that July brings exciting times. We'll be moving Chip to Landstuhl Army Medical Center for more therapy, with a potential PCS for us coming later.  Why is this so good? CROSSFIT RAMSTEIN!!! I cannot wait to hit their box and meet the crew there.  I think I'll be spending some serious time there this summer/fall and maybe make it my next home. 

No comments: