Monday, May 16, 2011

Back Squat X3

New PR this morning. God did that feel awesome!
Back Squat x3
85, 105, 135, 155, 165, 170 (PR)

Fun times lifting with Shanyn and Bry this morning.  Everybody put out a stellar effort. I think the paleo magic must be kicking in. I slacked a little bit this weekend with some nuts, dried cranberries, and one small serving of plain froyo.

Today's breakfast consisted of chix salad with a little mayo, mustard, red onion, and a few dried cranberries (next week I can add some grapes back in there) and a banana. If I eat the nanners, I don't feel so miserable around 10-11am and can make it all the way until lunch w/o getting cranky.

I've seen the scale move all over the place in this first week.  Last Saturday after the challenge WODs I weighed in at a heafty 164.  By Monday am, I was at 160#.  By Saturday morning, 157#.  Post 8mile run, 154# (had to weigh in to see how much h20 i lost), Monday am, back up to 157#.  So, that's 10# of swinging in one week. If you take the Monday to Monday readings, I've lost 3#'s this week. I'd love to see another solid 2# this week.

On the running/training front--the 8 miles on Saturday went really well and I held a solid 9:20 pace for the first six miles and the hills on the way back slowed me down to an average 9:35 pace for the whole run.  Will put in 5 mid-week and 10 next weekend, about the same the following, then taper...at this point an olympic distance triathlon is looking so much easier.   I've also signed up for the Army 10 miler this fall.  My brother Andy and his wife Sarah will be joining me along with Nikki and our buddy Nate! Will be an awesome crew for sure.  Hoping to hit a nice 5K in October too with Christine, Chip and Tamara--all coming off of injuries this year.  Toying with the idea of doing the olympic distance triathlon at Luray in August...hmmm.

Oh and last Friday we did a barbell complex WOD called the Eliminator.
Looked like this:
55, 70, 85, 95, 105, 115, 125...
5DL, 3 Hang Clean, 1 Jerk
Nailed the round at 95#, and got one clean at 105...
It was a super fun WOD, just wish I could have hit that 105...That would have been a huge Jerk for me in that round since i've laid off the overhead work for almost 3 months now.  Luckily that shoulder is feeling better and this WOD went off pain free! :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Awesome back squat numbers girl! Way to to!

Here's the mayo recipe (I usually double it)

3 large or jumbo egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup oil (I prefer walnut or extra light olive oil)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dry mustard
pinch of paprika (optional)
pinch of sea salt

Blend yolks, lemon juice and spices in food processor until light yellow in color

Slowly add oil a drop at a time to begin with, then gradually increaseing to about a teaspoon at a time, blend until smooth and creamy. Do NOT add all the oil at once...needs to be added gradually to allow it to emulsify properly.

(If you are using a food processor that has a feed tube with a tiny hold in it you can pour the oil in there and let it dribble in as you process it.)

You can adjust the spices to your liking - you can add other stuff to it to make flavored mayo.