Thursday, July 8, 2010

"LUCE" and some other stuff

After my evaluation for the month, and a little planning, I decided I was going to just follow some mainsite WODs and add some running, swimming, and biking as I see fit.

Tuesday
"LUCE"
Wearing a 20 pound vest, 3RFT
1K Run
10 Muscle-ups
100 Squats

What I love about Crossfit is that it is scalable. That is just what I did.  (1) Ditch the vest...yea right. (2) Scale muscle ups to 3:1 pullups/dips. (3) 90PU and 90 dips unassisted was not going to happen, at least on the equipment I had.  I used my red band for dips and the pullup machine for assisted PUs.  Got to start somewhere. I was just doing this workout to finish it--it took me 49:50.  Pathetic, I know, but my quads are still hurting today from 300 airsquats and the 3k run. Back to the basics, right? And, I love to honor our fallen heroes.  When my quads are burning beyond belief and sweat is stinging my eyes, I think about how Luce suffered.  When my triceps give out and I snap the band in my face, I don't quit, I get back up there and finish my dips, his family is hurting far worse than I. I say a prayer for all of our fallen soldier, marines, and airmen and all those who continue to fight for our nation.

Wednesdy
For time:
225 pound Back squat, 20 reps
40 Toes to bar
60 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood

Again, scaled! Back squats were miserable after 300 squats from the day before. Only hit 85lbs, but I haven't back squatted in what 3 months? My quads were fried. FRIED I say. Toes to bars were done in sets of 10, 10, 5, 5, 5, 5 and KB were scaled to 44lb for the first 30, then scaled back again (35#) because my back was in pain.

Thursday
Quads still hurt. Hard to sit. Hot outside.

WOD
2k swim!  Just got in the pool and swam. Felt amazing.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Way to get back in there and go after it! I find that when we are doing Hero WOD's it is helpful to keep the Hero in mind. Our half hour of sweat and misery is nothing in light of their sacrifice.

Keep up the good work. :)