Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WUSS!

Tuesday: Press x 3, Push Press x 3, Push Jerk x 3

A. 12 minute time limit: Find your 3 Rep max in the Press
B. 12 minute time limit: Find your 3 Rep max in the Push Press
C. 12 minute time limit: Find your 3 Rep max in the Push Jerk

A. 75x3, 80x1  New 1xPR (it was solid!)
B. 95x3
C. DNF
Ok, so I jumped way to fast on the press...and did 80 when I thought it was 75. Oops. I was pissed until I recounted the weight. Then I was like "yippe".  Push presses hurt my wrists so bad.  I felt strong but reracking each rep was killer on my wrists.  After hitting 95, I stopped and went to the jerk since I felt the form going by rep 3. I stripped the bar down to work on the movement and well...my wrists just said no. I called it a day.  And I'm so pissed I quit.  Do any of you have wrist issues like this? It felt like a strength issue, not mechanical. Do I just have weak wrists?!

Warmup was solid today: 
3 Rounds
10KB swings
10 squats--cleaning up my form.
5 dips on the bars--first round I got all 5! Then the next two I did 4/1, 4/1. Felt strong. Will do 10 next time! :)

Monday WOD
3RFT
10 KBHP (45#)
10 DB thrusters
10 situps
100ft lunges
Time: 6:38

This was a quick little WOD at the CF Ramstein location. This just happened to be on the WB and I went with it.  There were 2 other guys there doing other WODs, so I just did this one. A smoker!  I finished it up with some 400m sprints with a guy I met whose name I can't remember. His WOD was 20AMRAP of 400m sprints. Eww. I joined him for his last 5 sprints. Round 1 was a 1:13 for me and I held them all under 1:30. It felt slow, but the clock doesn't lie. A nice little finisher. Hoping to hit one of their Saturday sessions soon! 

2 comments:

Angie said...

First of all, anyone that is doing the amount of work you've written about here is not a Wuss. Be nice to yourself!

Second, I think a lot of us have wrist issues. I recently asked my coach about it and he said it is a common complaint. A lot of people at my box will tape their wrists for OHS or HSPU and the like. I haven't tried it just yet, but they all swear by it.

c wiss said...

I remember last time I worked a 3RM on push jerk that my wrists were *killing* me by the time I finished. And I have had some mega pain in the wrists from OHS on some occasions. Could've just been the day -- I think you made the right choice in being kind to your body. :)

Nice 400s! I really need to hit the track and find out just how slow I am running these days... Yikes!