Friday, August 20, 2010

Not so much CF this week...

So after the great Sunday WOD, Monday turned out to be a crap day--no WOD.  Tuesday I had a bunch of dental work done and was not feeling very well, but did a short WOD anyways--nice little burner

Quick WOD: 4RFT

20 pushups
20 GHD situps
20 Walking lunges-w 25# plate overhead
Time: 12:30

Wednesday I ended up in a spinning class at the gym with a friend.  I remember why I love crossfit---short, fast, varied.  An hour on the bike going nowhere is so not fun anymore. I just keep in mind its good to test the slow twitch muscles sometimes too.

Today was my ATM training run. My friend Mindi joined me on this beautiful evening. Sunny, 65 degrees, slight breeze. Just perfect! We did a great 5 mile loop that took us through the forest, on a path that skirted the forest, through park, and viola--back at my house!   It was 5.2 miles in 50:30.  According to my Garmin we averaged a 9:45min/mile pace.  A great training pace for the 10miler.  Our first few miles were just over 10:00min/miles, but we were clearly cruising at the end. Just how it should be!

No comments: