Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Snatch and Front Squat

Totally behind on posts. Life is seriously chaotic. I swear that having Chip home and Crossfit is the only thing keeping me sane.

Monday
WOD
Snatch 1x1x1x1
Top Load: 75 (tied PR)

No new PR. Sad. But, we had some progress on form. Jerry said I had an awesome pull from the floor, I just had a little trouble keeping stable getting it overhead and that whole dive under the bar thing still baffles me. I get it in my head, but my body won't follow direction. That's ok. The pull from the floor was where it was at. He took video and slowed it to me slow motion. Holy moly....can't wait to do a max clean! I will so get my 100#. Sad I had to miss Saturday's WOD. Dialing in on the form was great today. who cares about a snatch PR...

Tuesday
Sick with head cold. Metcon was not happening

Wednesday
Front Squat
2x2x2x2x2x
Top Load: 125 (PR)

I guess this was a new PR/benchmark. Couldn't for the life of me figure out if I'd done a 1x max front squat. I always do back squats! Anyways, felt great today. Its always fun to find a new max effort. I took 2 attempts to get this and I barely got out of the second squat, but hey, I fought it hard. Solid effort. I was having more fun watching my uber strong husband lift next to me--I was kind of distracted... Mad squat effort today for him. 215# for 2x, 225# for 1x. And he made it look effortless.

No comments: