Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wednesday Thursday WODs

Finally made it to the gym this week!

Wednesday WOD
5 RFT
12 strict press
12  pushups (paralette or otherwise below parallel)
Time: 27ish minutes

Yes, a long WOD.  It really doesn't look that bad on paper until you realize what the RX'd weights were! RX was 65# for women. 60 reps at 65lbs...is ridiculous. I went with 55lbs and frankly, it was a bit ambitious, but I did finish all reps at that weight.  At times it was 1-2 reps at a time.  By round 4 I was fighting all out failure of each rep.  I heard Coach remind someone to take a deep breath.  I did that and it helped immensely and made each rep much easier.  The pushup portion was to just get below parallel--i ended up using wood planks and did a few rounds of 6 reps regular, 6 on my knees. i think i made it to round 4 on that and realized i overall need to work the pushups.


Thursday WOD
3RFT
400m run
15 pullups
15 box jumps
15 kb swings
Time: a slow 21minutes

I chose the "bulldog" route this morning of just 3 rounds.  The pullups take the longest time, but I hammer them out 1-2 at a time. The arms were SMOKED from yesterday.  Box jumps were painful from when I hit myself with the sledge hammer a few weeks ago, but I go through them.  Tomorrow should be interesting.

Paleo is going well, but feel the need for a good darn cheat damn it.  Little cheats like salad dressing I'm allowing, but only because I'd otherwise go insane. 

No comments: