Monday, January 31, 2011

Best Morning in a long time

WOD 1: 
OHS x 1 (18 min)

I hit 100# the last time we hit this WOD a little over a month ago. I wanted anything over 100#, however that's pretty tough when your max jerk is also 100#.  This morning though I hit a SOLID 105#.  The squat part was easy, its the jerk that gets me.  I felt great!

WOD 2: 
12 minute AMRAP
HSPU, toes to bar ladder.  1,1,2,2,3,3, etc.

Quandry here...no HSPU to date.  NOT ANYMORE! Coach said we could just work the HSPU for the time if we wanted. Heck, why not go for practice right? I hit two solid 30 sec holds and decided to go get an abmat and a 45# plate. I had to start somewhere.  I kicked up for another handstand and just held it there and just let the elbows go. Down I wentand then right back up! It was THE COOLEST feeling ever.  Then I did another, and another.  Then I went and did 5 toes to bar, then came back and hit 2 in a row, then 3, then 4 and worked sets of 5 T2B after each HSPU set.  Got in several 4 HSPU and 5 T2B rounds.  I can't wait to do more! I think if I can get to the 25# plate and ABMAT very soon! 

I will say that the "fixing Kalipa's HSPU" video on the mainsite the other day was really helpful.

WOD 3:
3 rounds of L-sits off of dumbells

I wasn't sure how this would go, but luckily Jason made me do this fairly often back in good 'ole Schweinfurt.  I got 3 rounds of about 10 seconds. It felt awesome to do that (even if just for a few seconds) because only 3-4 of us girls could even do it! Learned that I must do more hip mobility since its not core strength issues, but pinching in my hips that keeps me from doing more work!


Found this awesome video on a link from Angie's blog today!

No comments: