Sunday, January 23, 2011

Friday

After a crappy Thursday workout I came ready to hit it hard on Friday.


"Hammerfist"
AMRAP 20 Minutes:
3 Clean and Jerk, 6 Burpees, 9 Wallball

The C&J's were supposed to be heavy. about 80% of your 1RM.  That would have been about 80 for me. Given I was still sore from strict press on Wednesday I started with 75#.  I got 5 rounds in before I had to dial back to 65#.  Granted I was cruising and lowered the weight at about minute 10.  When you say that burpees were the easiest part of the WOD, you know you're in trouble.  Wall balls were a cinch too. 

Diet is still going pretty well.  Friday night was a total cheat night--1 beer and french fries out at the bar. Then Sunday I went out for breakfast and had an omelet, which made me incredibly nauseous a few hours later, plus a headache. I splurged with some plain crackers because when you want to vomit and can't nothing helps more than a few plain crackers. Then I had another beer during the Bears/Packers game...couldn't help myself. It was the game of the year! 


Fran on Monday...sigh...nervous already.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yeah, that's bad when burpees are the easy part. I've only said that once. Ha!

Glad you gave yourself permission to have a few cheats. I think it's healthy to do that now and then.