Friday, July 10, 2009

Filthy Girl

WOD: Filthy 50

Jumping Slamballs
ABMAT Situps
Pushups
Sledgehammers
Wallball Shots
Row (Calories)
Burpees
Double-Unders
Box Jumps
KB Swings

Time: 36:00

I just knew today would be a killer metcon. I slept in an extra 45 minutes which was delightful and went to the 0600 class. I was actually awake and not still rubbing sleep out of my eyes...a new CF first.

In my attempt to RX as many workouts as possible I had to go for the Filthy 50. I'm still struggling with pushups and burpees. I just can't seem to put all my strength together--core, shoulders, tris. I focus too much on doing them fast rather than perfectly. I seem to only hit the super high rep days so I don't get to just work on them (I think I just gave myself some extra work.)

Double unders with the new speed ropes were a challenge, but by 30, I finally got in the groove. Jerry really loves sprinkling these into workouts these days. But, I saw better effort on the box jumps which was nice. I will take even the smallest signs of progress. I was happy with the 36:00 minutes, but even happier that between 2 classes I was one of two women who chose to do the Filthy 50 (me and Keturah!).

Now to hit the floor here to do some stretches and lay on my tennis ball...the old back needs some trigger point work. Then it is off to the White House to give a tour and have a fun day touring DC with friends!

No comments: