Wednesday, July 8, 2009

She's got Legs...

WOD:
4 rounds
400m run
50 air squats
Time: 17:00

This WOD looked like a piece of cake. Maybe it was, or would have been if my stinkin' legs weren't so sore. I was hoping to breeze right through this, but after round one I was fighing a charlie horse in my quad on the squats. I don't know why I'm having trouble with recovery. I haven't had a spring in my step since the triathlon. I'm trying my best to eat my protein and drink my H20, but the fatigue is always there.

Nonetheless, I sank my squats, gritted my teeth and got them done, and enjoyed the run. I'm thinking a long 6mile a.m. run is in the works in the next week or so if anyone wants to join me!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Muscle-rebuilding comes from protein. Energy comes from healthy carbohydrates. Junk food and processed white flour is trash, but good complex carbs, fruits and veggies are not the enemy. I'm not a nutritionist, but over the long-term you can't be a healthy endurance athlete without that basic building block of energy.

Seriously. Keep a food diary for a week. If you're this run down, you're either overtrained or not getting something that you need in terms of nutrition or sleep.

Erin said...

i think i need a food diary and sleep diary... I think it is a little bit of everything. some nutrition--i eat my good carbs but probably not enough, i was totally dehydrated from yesterday (resulting in cramps) and i've been skimping on my bedtime--it keeps creeping later and later. Journal starts tomorrow.

Dinner was 4oz chicken, sprinkle of cheese, and fresh salsa. 1.5 cups of broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.