Friday, July 31, 2009

Overhead Squat

WOD

Overhead Squat (OHS)
5,x5x,5x,5x,5x

Results: 55 (5 reps), 65 (3 reps)

This was the first time I've truly worked this move. So, the weight wasn't heavy, but I just worked the form, which held up quite well! It was weird that the more weight I piled on the stronger I felt...part of it was just getting warmed up. I missed the little metcon warmup because I had to DRAG my arse out of bed...and convince myself it was worth it. It was! :)

Katie has blogged about being afraid of deadlifts---I'm afraid of the OHS. My lower back was really tight after deads the other day and the thought dropping the bar on my head freaks me out. I would love to shoot for 80 or 90 next time. I know I can squat that much, it is just a question of whether I can hold that much! I love working the oly lifts over pullups any day...keep it coming!





No comments: