Wednesday, July 22, 2009

helen

WOD: "Helen"
3 rounds
400m run
21 Kettlebell swings
12 pullups
Time: 14:40 (PR)


I almost slept through my alarm this morning, but I am glad I didn't! I got there just in time for some sweet Helen fun. I wrote yesterday about how I was so tired, hungry, and generally not up to par. Today I "brought it". I had almost 7 full hours of sleep, a perfect zone dinner (turkey kielbasa, and tons of veggies) and was ready to rumble. Until pullups on round 2--almost met pukie. I held it together and finished. It felt good to push myself until I wanted to puke. I felt really strong for a change. The pullups are only about half (18) chin totally over the bar, but we're getting stronger. I can feel it. Time wise, this was about 2 whole minutes faster than my first attempt. On June 5th, my time was16:36. I can easily shave off another two minutes if I get good and consistent on pullups, but it might take a year vs 6 weeks. :)

2 comments:

Sean said...

Oooh, Turkey Kielbasa & Veggies huh? Sounds soo good right about now!

Erin said...

yep! I have this awesome bbq rub from Memphis that I throw on it. freakin addicting!