Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Intensity

Warmup: 
Today's warmup included 10 pushups, 10 pullups, 10 dips.  I wandered over to the pullup/dip station having no real intention of actually doing 10 unassisted dips.  Hell, I've only gotten "close" to an unassisted dip, stationary or on rings. I hopped up there and felt strong holding myself at the top.  Down....1, down...2, down...3?!?!  I look to Jason and Logan.  J goes, "how many of those can you usually do in a row?". I reply, "um...I've never really done one before." His jaw drops. Logan give me a high five.  Just two months ago I remember her and I attempting dips on the same station and getting no where...here's to PRing in a WARMUP!   I did 7 more (3, 3, 1) and did them perfectly. whew!


WOD #1: 3x 800 sprints
Had all good intentions to do this outside with a weight vest, but time and weather kept us indoors.  On the treadmill I went for: 3:40, 3:25, 3:15. I had no clue where I would be on these, just happy every round the efforts improved. 
 
WOD#2: Snatch (55#), 30 burpees, 20 Snatch (50#), 20 burpees, 30 Snatch (45#), 10 burpees.
Time: 11:56

This was just awful.  I had thought about it all day and what weight I would use...I wish they would have been heavier, but honestly 30 snatches at about 60% of my one rep max was about right for this WOD.  This was seriously the hardest WOD and the hardest I've worked at a WOD since moving to Germany.  I had to go to that dark place where you don't think, you can't breathe, you can't feel your legs or your arms, but somehow you keep moving. It felt awesome.  The hardest part was truely the 30 snatches...just brutal! Burpees are getting easier and no longer is a number like 50 burpees daunting.  I never thought I would utter those words.


I'm ready to move on from snatches...the OPT Regional training WODs have been snatch heavy of late.  I need serious work on my cleans, jerks, and squats again.  I guess for all those who've made it to regionals everything else should be easy right? Regardless, its been really fun to push myself with these insane WODs and train along side Jason.  His intensity and drive is contagious. 

A few photos to document the day....

2 comments:

Sean said...

I love how Logan gives you high five... while you're still on the dip station!

At least... that's how it comes across to me, HAHA!

Jason B. said...

Awesome work! Keep leading from the front!