Saturday, April 24, 2010

Squat Cleans

WOD #1: 
1k Row
4:10

New benchmarks today. I don't know if I've done a 1k row for time, but all I do know is that this was SLOW.  My legs were on fire by 500m...not sure why.  Either way, it was great to just benchmark the effort.
**just looked this up, last 1k row was 4:20. Not bad!

WOD #2: 
3X5 Squat Cleans
55, 65, 75, 80, 80
Another new benchmark today. I can't find record of a max squat clean...go figure! Squat cleans started out terribly awkwards on the whole jump to land thing and getting the bar racked properly.  Went back to the basics. Lined my feet up on the lines on the floor and just did reps until my form came back. Then I went to work! The heavier I went, the better the form. The last round at 80 was a little slow and I got stuck at the bottom, but hey, I completed it.  I think I could have done a little more.

Is it weird that my max snatch is 75# and max power clean is #105? I think I should be cleaning a lot more!! Things to work on this summer for sure.

No comments: