Monday, August 10, 2009

JERKY JERKS

WOD:
Split Jerks
1x,1x,1x,1x,1x
Top Load: 75

Today's workout was a new move for me. Jerks have been hard as have most overhead lifts, but worked this pretty good today. As I warmed up, I was using my right leg as my lead leg, but my knee was not feeling very strong with the thought of putting weights on this--so I switched. This made for more "thinking" in the lifts that I should have been doing. But, better safe than blowing out my knee again.

My sets looked like this:
33x3
33x3
45x3
55x1
65x1
75x1
75x1

All of my overhead muscles were screaming at me for doing Fran on Friday, but I worked through the soreness. I think I could have easily done 85 if not for being so sore. Oh well, I had a lot of fun working the new move.

Ready for a metcon madness session in the am!

No comments: