Thursday, August 13, 2009

On the upswing...

WOD:
5 rounds
9 toes to bar
12 push press
15 pushups
300m run
Time:26:27

I was so not ready for this when I woke up, but I knew I needed to move. Sometimes the cure for soreness is a good workout! I was leery about the toes to bar move...I've attempted this before without much success...but today the toes were closer to the bar on every rep, and definitely over that 90 degree mark!

I did the push press at 55lbs instead of 65. I had one fleeting thought of the soreness after Fran on Friday and decided I wanted to feel my arms later today. I did rounds 1, 4 and 5 unbroken (no drops). Jerry gave me some pointers on my form--I'm too far forward on my toes--so I will work this next time!

Mr. Pushup and I had words and made a bit of forward progress in our relationship. I did the first 2 rounds on my toes, then did the rest on my knees. This I just need to keep working.

I did not even attempt to this workout for time, but I ended up finishing right with the pack this morning. Clearly trying for time wasn't going to make a difference....Heck, even Sean didn't finish his usual 10 minutes before me. To his credit though, his l-sit pullups were picture perfect on Tuesday!

Tomorrow is Kaitlyn and Thomas's last day at CF for the summer. Looking forward to forcing them into some sibling competition! :)

1 comment:

Sean said...

Enjoy it while it lasts mamacita...

I will be back with a vengeance next week for sure!!!