Thursday, August 20, 2009

Running in the heat...

is not fun. I forgot how miserable this is....
I did4.5 miles with the Potomac River Running Women's group...my time was great considering the heat and the fact I had to stop and walk a few times....I needed this run badly!!

I hated to walk, but I had stopped sweating, had a splitting headache, and felt like I was going to vomit...ew. But, as the they say, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger....

Oh, and I ran without the stupid orthodics in my shoes. No hip or knee pain! Jess at PRR, is a shoe and running guru and she looked at my stride and everything and said it was totally normal and to ditch all the stability shoes, orthodics, etc....Thank you Crossfit!!! I got my muscles all strong again and now I don't need artifical assistance to keep my straight. I cherish these little things...

Off to CF in the a.m., running with my buddy Stuart on Saturday a.m., and Bikram Yoga with Nikki on Sunday! Fun times ahead!

No comments: