Friday, August 21, 2009

What a difference...

three weeks makes!

WOD:
Overhead Squats
5x,5x,5x,5x,5x
Top Load: 70#(PR)

We last did this workout a mere 3 weeks ago and it was my first time OHS'in. I said " would love to shoot for 80 or 90 next time. I know I can squat that much, it is just a question of whether I can hold that much!". I wish I had read this before I hit the box this a.m. My sets looked like this.
35, 45, 55, 60, 70

I really need to stop being such a pansy and put some weight on the bar. It was great to get a PR this morning...the squats felt great and I was getting the butt all the way down where it needed to be. LOW. I COULD have done more and I didn't. I don't know why. Maybe because Team 0600 was rollin in, maybe because my wrist hurt, maybe because there were four of us this a.m.?? On the DL's on Tuesday I was holding my core/breath so hard I got all lightheaded...I did with 65lb set today...which is probably about right. 5 reps is a long time to be holding your breath...(not the whole time, don't worry) I didn't get woosy on 70lbs which means I wasn't holding as tightly, which likely means I could've done more. Shooting for 85-90 on the next go around. These felt STRONG. A great week in the box!!! Oh, and a big thanks to Melissa for some great coaching this morning while Jerry was away!

Now, can I do a 9mile hill run tomorrow a.m.???? Have I managed to survive week one of the ice cream challenge? Veggie challenge? Stay tuned!

No comments: